Opened in September 2015, owners Bill and Suzanne Dech have incorporated personal details, memories and favorites into Southside 313, including old Grateful Dead album covers tucked under the glass of the stand-up bar. The interior of the restaurant is a mix of industrial and shabby chic with homage to Bethlehem Steel, where Bill’s dad worked. There’s also dark flooring with tall comfortable booths and local art hanging on the walls.
Meals are Asian-inspired and all are made from scratch by Bill, who brings years of experience in the restaurant business, managing and cooking in several local establishments. His soups are a must-try, and many ingredients come from their own garden. You’ll see his homemade pickles in a majority of menu selections that change throughout the year. You’ll also find Suzanne managing the restaurant side of things and taking care of guests.
Southside 313 seats approximately 40 guests, 20 at the bar and an additional 20 outside on the back patio during the summer months. The bar offers 15 drafts, both craft beers and staples. Fresh and creative cocktails along with an abundant selection of wines offer something for every taste.
- Pickletini: Tito’s vodka, dry vermouth, Bill’s fresh pickle juice and pickles.
- The Vintage: Bulleit rye whiskey, black-walnut bitters, maple-nut simple syrup, orange, cherry.
Must-Sample Small Plates
- Smoked Salmon: Cajun-rubbed, hickory-smoked salmon with Bill’s pickles, lemon-herb aioli and crackers.
- Reuben Egg Rolls: Pastrami, mozzarella and sauerkraut, served with zesty Thousand Island dipping sauce.
- Sriracha Chicken Skewers: Skewers of chicken marinated in sriracha, fish sauce, brown sugar and garlic.
Can’t-Miss Greens and Burgers
- El Chapo: Lettuce, cucumber, cheddar, corn, salsa, black bean, tortilla strips and chicken breast, with chipotle-lime dressing
- The Deluxe: 100-percent Angus beef, house-made zesty Thousand Island, fried pickles, pickled red onions, American cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Pulled Pork Sandwich: Fresh pulled pork with a chipotle-balsamic barbecue sauce, topped with cilantro-lime coleslaw and Bill’s pickles.
Southside 313 Bar & Grille (313 E. 3rd St., Bethlehem) is open Monday 4 to 11 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday 11 to 12 a.m., Friday 11 to 2 a.m., Saturday 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. and Sunday 12 to 10 p.m. There’s live music every Friday and Saturday, happy-hour food and drink specials, trivia nights and wine nights. For more information, call (610) 419-1134 or visit southside313.com.